I'm not sure what possessed Heather and I to set out that day. Perhaps it was the thrill of the chase? In any event we set off the find the Chinese Embassy in Seoul to get the visas required for our trip. We knew the bus to take to Seoul and how to return. We had our money and passports ready to go. So why not?
It was only sprinkling when we left Bundang. By the time the bus pulled in Seoul it was pouring down rain. We opted for the subway to get us closer to the Embassy. We had an idea of where we were going but discovered along the way that there are not many street signs to show the way. There are maps at every subway station. The Embassy is even on the map but there are no streets labeled or street signs to show the way.
We ended up completely and totally lost.
Then it starts raining harder.... and lightening.... just to make things more fun!
Heather and I study a map on the street, a very nice lady comes up and tries to help us find our way and we think we are finally headed in the right direction (after going up the hill twice) so we start off again. I turn around to get Heather to hurry up only to see her lose her flip flop on the street, get honked at my a Mercedes and the car to run over the flip flop! I start laughing so hard (she luckily is laughing too) that I forget for a moment how drenched I am! We couldn't do anything else but stand there and laugh in the rain!
Finally we find the Embassy! Turns out we were very close several times. The line out front is about 50 people long, still in the rain and they are only letting one person in at a time. There are also some very scary looking Chinese guards out front. We give in and get lunch and head back to Bundang where we obviously should have stayed!
It turns out that the Global Help Desk at Samsung will get the required visas for us at no extra charge. Our helper even chastised Jason for "sending" his wife out in the rain to get them. (I had a nice laugh from that one.) Within a week we had the visas and we're ready to go!
This blog is designed to keep my family and friends up to date on our travels. Later it will be our written memories!
Finally and Welcome Everyone!
This is the last posting and I will begin work on turning this blog into a keepsake. I still can't fix the order at the beginning of this blog so I'm sorry if there is any confusion about those events. I will be rewriting the China Page. The latest stitching projects have not been updated but I will do that in time for the cover of the keepsake. Thanks for everything!
No comments:
Post a Comment