Finally and Welcome Everyone!

This is the last posting and I will begin work on turning this blog into a keepsake. I still can't fix the order at the beginning of this blog so I'm sorry if there is any confusion about those events. I will be rewriting the China Page. The latest stitching projects have not been updated but I will do that in time for the cover of the keepsake. Thanks for everything!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Different Holidays...Definite Seasons

  I knew coming here that the holidays and seasons would be different but I had no idea the difference would be this great.
  Halloween was minimal although very cute.  The Elementary school did a "dress up as your favorite character" day with trick or treating between classrooms followed by an adorable parade.  Since each grade is on a different floor they mostly rotated around the school with parents and other students watching.  It was very fun.  The High School had a Halloween Social that Saturday night consisting of carnival type games, dancing and karaoke.  Some kids dressed up but it wasn't a requirement.  Teachers were the chaperones and the Student Council organized and paid for the whole thing.
  Totally missed Veterans Day.  I think they do have one here but its on a different day.  I did get to talk to my dad and let him know I was thinking of him on that day. 
  Thanksgiving is also going to be a lot different.  I can't find a turkey anywhere.  I'm afraid of the price of it if I did find it.  So I'm planning a special meal with some spices and stuff I brought with me.  I'll have to blog it later since I don't want to spoil the surprise for Jason and the kids.

 
 There are absolutely seasons here that are drastically different than Austin.  It actually reminds me a lot of Virginia.  In Austin, it cools off a little and the leaves fall off the trees.  Here it has cooled to the 30's at night, 50's during the day and the colors are beautiful. 
The prettiest shades of orange (even Longhorn burnt orange) burgundy and yellows.  The bike trail along the Tancheon River (near the apartment) is just gorgeous.  



  I have the feeling Winter is just around the corner!

No comments: