Last month I found a flour tortilla recipe online. I set out in search of all the ingredients. It took some time but I found flour and baking powder. They are in different packaging then expected but I found them. I already had salt and oil. I put off making them just because the kitchen isn't my strongest area and I was still trying to find tortillas in the store. I finally found tortillas are in several stores but they are in the freezer section. Frozen tortillas scare me just a bit, let alone the price!
Fast forward a few weeks and I see the contestants on "Survivor" making tortillas at their campsite. I figured if they could make tortillas in those conditions I could certainly make them in my South Korean kitchen. Armed with the recipe, and a little courage, I set out to make them. It became a family affair!
Galen helped me mix and kneed the dough. David helped press them out while I kept time and rolled them out. Jason cooked them up in the iron skillet.
They were delicious!! Sometimes a little taste of home goes a long way!
The recipe made 8 tortillas and they were gone in 10 minutes!
This blog is designed to keep my family and friends up to date on our travels. Later it will be our written memories!
Finally and Welcome Everyone!
This is the last posting and I will begin work on turning this blog into a keepsake. I still can't fix the order at the beginning of this blog so I'm sorry if there is any confusion about those events. I will be rewriting the China Page. The latest stitching projects have not been updated but I will do that in time for the cover of the keepsake. Thanks for everything!
No comments:
Post a Comment