Finally and Welcome Everyone!

This is the last posting and I will begin work on turning this blog into a keepsake. I still can't fix the order at the beginning of this blog so I'm sorry if there is any confusion about those events. I will be rewriting the China Page. The latest stitching projects have not been updated but I will do that in time for the cover of the keepsake. Thanks for everything!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Meet the Metz! (August 2010)

  Already a few weeks into the trip and we have met some amazing people. For the most part,  Jason meets the guys on the bus on the way to work.  They exchange numbers and we set up dinner or play dates. 
The Fojtiks, Gene and Kristen,  are actually from Dripping Springs, Texas and have two adorable younger children 4 and 2.  They have been ex-pats before in Dresden Germany  and are a great source of information about living abroad.

The Metz family are from Saratoga, California.  Steve and Heather have two boys Christopher 11 and Alex 9.  The boys hit it off with David almost immediately.  Galen has taken on the role of keeping everyone in line!

Heather and I are becoming  fast friends.  Something about being in the same boat does that.  She is showing me the ropes of grocery shopping and we are touring all the local coffee shops.  It is great having a conversation with someone else (in English).

We are planning trips together (China at the end of September and Jeju, South Korea during Thanksgiving).  It has been so nice finding "friends" here!

No comments: