This blog is designed to keep my family and friends up to date on our travels. Later it will be our written memories!
Finally and Welcome Everyone!
This is the last posting and I will begin work on turning this blog into a keepsake. I still can't fix the order at the beginning of this blog so I'm sorry if there is any confusion about those events. I will be rewriting the China Page. The latest stitching projects have not been updated but I will do that in time for the cover of the keepsake. Thanks for everything!
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Where Am I and How Did I Get Here?
I'm still trying to remember how that initial conversation went but somehow I managed to find myself in South Korea. When Jason initially called with the question "would you consider moving to South Korea for a year" I thought "sure, why not?" never thinking his boss at the time would really let him go. Sure enough the boss said he could "make that happen" if we wanted it. The next stop was the kids. The teenager would have to leave her friends, high school, soccer team, girl scout troop etc. for the duration... willingly (no year-long crying fits) and her cat. The 10 year old would have to forgo his 5th grade year; safety patrol, choir, reading buddies, graduation; his own large circle of friends and most of all his dog. Then we solved one issue after another, getting the kids into school, finding someone to watch the house and pets, finding an apartment etc. Eventually it came down to me and what I wanted to do. Could I leave my friends, girl scout troop that I've lead since 2005, the service unit with so many of my friends in it, my job, my fabulous car pool? I couldn't be the one to hold the family back on such a great opportunity. We would be so close to China, Australia, Japan not to mention seeing all the great places in South Korea. So here we are! Just South of Seoul in South Korea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey guys. A blog is a great way to communicate with family and friends. Jim and I are enjoying "traveling" with you. And that clean house deal is something I need. Rebecca and I are taking a trip. Just the two of us to.....Paris! We leave on the 10th of November. Certainly can't afford a maid now. Take care loved ones.
Love from Georgia
Post a Comment