Finally and Welcome Everyone!

This is the last posting and I will begin work on turning this blog into a keepsake. I still can't fix the order at the beginning of this blog so I'm sorry if there is any confusion about those events. I will be rewriting the China Page. The latest stitching projects have not been updated but I will do that in time for the cover of the keepsake. Thanks for everything!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Mom Gets a New "Do"

  Just when I thought moving here was brave enough, I decided that after 5 months I probably needed a haircut.  Heather Metz had cut her hair a couple of months ago so we revisited the Hair Boutique here in Bundang for a day of hair therapy.

  I decided on the Moisturizer Treatment thinking it would be good to give my hair some extra moisture heading into the winter months.  I had to pick a color though or go with clear.  I decided to go with what I thought would be a slightly darker color from my normal hair color.  I have to admit though I am really not very good with these kinds of things, since I don't do stuff like this very often.  This was actually my first time doing anything like this to my hair. 

  Pampering is something that is done here in Korea VERY well.  The person shampooing my hair also did a scalp and neck message that was really relaxing and added to the experience.  She shampooed my hair, apply the moisture, then set me in a dryer.  Instead of being in a salon chair all day, we sat at a very nice table with lots of magazines in very comfortable regular chairs.  It was quite nice.

  To say my hair absorbed the color would be an understatement!  My hair went nuts absorbing the color.  It is incredibly soft, don't get me wrong and really shiny!  It is also very DARK!  Auburn is what best describes the color.  I am told it should completely wash out in about 2 weeks.

  After she rinsed out the moisturizer, she dried my hair and straightened it with and hot straightener. 

  Then came the stylist.  Somehow I managed to get myself talked into a slightly different style on top of everything else.    It is shorter in the back, while still longer in the front.  It is very modern looking and easy to care for.  I can maintain this length or let it grow out and see what happens.  Either way, he did a very nice job on the cut.  He seemed to cut each hair individually!  He also had two assistants that handed him everything from scissors, combs, brushes and a smaller brush to keep the small hairs off my face.  Then two people dried my hair again and he styled it with a roller brush and a different hair dryer. 

  The whole thing took about 3 and 1/2 hours.  They served me 3 cups of espresso and one bagel with jam.  The cost was about 171,000W or about $150.  Totally worth it although next time I'm going with the clear!  Enjoy the before and after shots.

No comments: