Finally and Welcome Everyone!

This is the last posting and I will begin work on turning this blog into a keepsake. I still can't fix the order at the beginning of this blog so I'm sorry if there is any confusion about those events. I will be rewriting the China Page. The latest stitching projects have not been updated but I will do that in time for the cover of the keepsake. Thanks for everything!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas in Singapore!

  We made it to Singapore with no travel issues so far.  After hearing about some stories we are counting ourselves lucky.  We had heard from a very reliable source that Singapore did Christmas really big and they were correct!  The lights are fantastic!  There are Christmas carols being sung and Christmas music being played everywhere you go.  Christmas decorations are everywhere and even though it is 80 degrees or so,  the Christmas spirit is everywhere.

  I think I am finally starting to thaw!

Typical of eating out at Chili's is the playing of games while waiting for food (or check)!


  Last night we ate at Chili's and it tasted exactly like from the States!  Outside the mall was a cute little Santa village display complete with foam being shot into the air simulating snow.  We've been calling it Singapore Snow.

  Today was our first full day and we spent it at the Botanical Gardens.  The highlight was the Orchid Garden and the fantastic sculptures.  It's amazing that nature can come up with those colors and flowers can really bloom in those shapes.  The sculptures were scattered throughout and my favorite was the girl on the swing.
Love the look on Galen's face!

  We had an amazing lunch at Wendy's.  It's been 6 months since we had American fast food and it was delicious.  Dairy Queen Blizzards were dessert and again totally worth it.
This one is known as the trifecta!  Starbucks, Wendy's and DQ all right next to each other!


  After lunch we went back to the hotel/apartment.  I took the kids swimming while Jason got some relaxing time.  I drank ice coffee and read a really good book poolside while the kids went swimming.  The lobby had Christmas Caroling and it was wonderful.  I think I found my Christmas Spirit and of all places in the tropics!

No comments: