Finally and Welcome Everyone!

This is the last posting and I will begin work on turning this blog into a keepsake. I still can't fix the order at the beginning of this blog so I'm sorry if there is any confusion about those events. I will be rewriting the China Page. The latest stitching projects have not been updated but I will do that in time for the cover of the keepsake. Thanks for everything!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week in Review

  Wow!  What a couple of weeks!  It all started last week.  Last Tuesday I got to meet Linda Sue Park.  I sat in on her lecture to high school students.  She gave several writing tips, and although I don't consider myself a writer per se, I'm hoping her writing tips will improve this blog.  She was amazing.

  Soccer has officially started and all the forms are signed.  The finger is completely healed and she is cleared for all activity including goalkeeping.  All this makes the teen-ager in the family extremely happy and excited for the upcoming season.

  Last Tuesday we investigated buying a car.  The price is good and the deal should go through we just have to see what insurance will be like.  Watch out Korea you will have a blonde driver on the road soon! (Hopefully)

  Parent/teacher conferences came and went and both kids seem to be doing quite well in school.  Nobody is acting up and grades are in the A to low B range! 

  Finally, on Friday I started a traditional Korean Embroidery class.  The project is a bit bigger than I expected but it is a repeating stitch I will hopefully master quickly.  I will post a picture when it is recognizable as something.  It's different since it is silk thread on silk fabric.  To my recollection I haven't done this combination before.  I have stitched with silk thread but usually I use linen or cotton fabric.   The teacher is very nice and very patient which is a good combination when learning something new!

No comments: