Finally and Welcome Everyone!

This is the last posting and I will begin work on turning this blog into a keepsake. I still can't fix the order at the beginning of this blog so I'm sorry if there is any confusion about those events. I will be rewriting the China Page. The latest stitching projects have not been updated but I will do that in time for the cover of the keepsake. Thanks for everything!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Every Now and Then.

  Every now and then it comes in handy having an Electrical Engineer in the house.  Say for example when light bulbs need to be changed, plugs replaced, the toaster malfunctions, stuff like that. 

  Then you have the occasion when the teenager accidentally includes her iPod in with the soccer laundry.  Realizing what "that noise"  in the laundry machine is with cries of sheer panic, we all came running.  The location of the iPod was indeed in the middle of the machine.... ear phones and all.  Luckily it let me pause the wash and dig out the now thoroughly clean piece of technology.  You could  see the water behind the screen along with some bubbles from the detergent.

  Laundry replaced and the machine continuing its cleaning process, now much quieter than moments before, we begin to assess the damage.  I'll admit it didn't look very promising.  Jason jumped on the internet to see what could be done, mainly how to get it apart so it could dry.  I began the process of calming the hysterical teen now facing life without an iPod.

  Within the hour Jason had the iPod in several pieces, drying on my kitchen counter top.  [Yes, I'm sorry I didn't get a picture and now he refuses to take it apart again to stage the shot.  Readers will just have to visualize an iPod in several pieces, all the tiny screws lined up, on my counter.]

  Fast forward two very long hours in a teen-without-an-iPods life and it is back together.  It initially has trouble holding a charge but in the end it works.  A crack is discovered in the LCD from the machine tumbling it took.  The screen also has a crack at the bottom from the taking-apart-process which prevents it from being unlocked and fully functioning.  All in all those parts can be ordered and replaced eventually and the iPod will be mostly good as new.  Whew!  Dad the hero!  One much relieved teen.

  The good news is we have an extra Nano she can borrow until the replacement parts arrive.... or her birthday present gets here. [We had actually decided to get her a newer one with more memory weeks ago and its on order.]

No comments: