Finally and Welcome Everyone!

This is the last posting and I will begin work on turning this blog into a keepsake. I still can't fix the order at the beginning of this blog so I'm sorry if there is any confusion about those events. I will be rewriting the China Page. The latest stitching projects have not been updated but I will do that in time for the cover of the keepsake. Thanks for everything!

Monday, April 18, 2011

You Know You Have Married A Geek When....

  You know you have married a GEEK when....taking apart an iPod once is not enough.  You have to take it apart a second time when parts arrive in order to fix it and use it yourself.   Of course you have to have a wife that is willing to let you spend $35 on parts in the first place. 

  As previously chronicled in this blog (See "Every Now And Then" from March 4, 2011 of this blog) iPods and laundry machines don't get along very well,  just ask my teenager.  She can also atest that 3 weeks without an iPod is a very long time!  Yes, we did make her wait for her birthday to get the new one.

  So parts were ordered.  Luckily we have a  dear friend from the home that agreed to have the parts mailed to her which she then forwarded to us.  She now has the joy of strange parts arriving at her house from Amazon just like me!  Jason was sooooo happy when the parts finally arrived.  I think waiting for the parts for him, was like Galen waiting for her birthday.  Both anticipating a new iPod.  At least this time I remember to take pictures!!

Researching directions to ensure safety.

Taking apart process begins.

Pieces start coming off.

Completely apart.

Yes, this is my kitchen table!!

Putting back together begins.

The anticipation mounts...

Slowly but surely, less and less pieces to put together and the iPod is back together.
  Everything got back together just fine.  No extra pieces left over.  It works fine, screen is beautiful and the touch screen works.  The only hiccup is that he didn't check the battery.  Turns out it should have been replaced too.  The result is a perfectly good iPod that won't hold a charge.  Yes, he is trying to talk me into buying a new battery for it which means another $20. For now it is back to his old Nano.   I'm thinking of just get him a new iPod touch for Father's day to avoid another repair session.  Although more pictures would be fun,  I think this one may have had enough.

No comments: