Finally and Welcome Everyone!

This is the last posting and I will begin work on turning this blog into a keepsake. I still can't fix the order at the beginning of this blog so I'm sorry if there is any confusion about those events. I will be rewriting the China Page. The latest stitching projects have not been updated but I will do that in time for the cover of the keepsake. Thanks for everything!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lucky Seven

  First time through it was Galen with her finger in the Orthopedics office (See "Totally Cracked Up" on this blog 2/6/2011).   This time it was David's turn to experience the Korean medical system.... in the form of an emergency room visit for stitches in his right leg.

  After school last Tuesday, David finished with running club and was waiting with his friend for their ride.  They were goofing off in the school gym as kids will do.  David was jumping around when he took his eyes off the bleachers for a split second to check his phone and fell landing on his shin....square on the bleachers.  (I always do a mental "OUCH" whenever I get to this point of the story.)  Hitting your shins on anything really hurts but landing on your shin on bleachers gets the big OUCH!  There was a little bit of panicking involved since there was some blood.  The school nurse was found and she was able to get the bleeding stopped.   I happen to be in Osan (about an hour away) watching the girls varsity soccer team when I received David's frantic call.  Jason was leaving work. Somehow over the phone I was able to get David to calm down.  After a series of frantic phone calls a plan of action was reached.

  Thank God for neighbors!  Our neighbor down the street Heather was able to get the boys and meet Jason at the subway station (Jukjeon Station).  She picked him up and got them both to the hospital ER (Seoul University Bundang Hospital).  Of course Jason walks into the ER with David, limping with a nasty cut on his leg,  wearing his Samsung jacket and gets the royal treatment!  He's pretty sure he got moved up in the line as well either because we were foreigners or because he worked for Samsung or  both.  An x-ray was taken to make sure nothing was broken since there was concern over the way David landed.  Once it was confirmed there was no fracture, it was decided that stitches would be required.  Jason is also convinced that it was the senior doctor on staff that did the eight stitches necessary to seal the cut.

  For insurance reasons, the school nurse took a picture of David's leg.  I know this because when I took David to school the next day the photo had circulated already.  We easily got an elevator pass for David and made arrangements for me to come up and give him his medications.

  By Thursday we were headed back to the doctor (this time our regular doctor in Pangyo) for a check up of the stitches.  A quick clean up of the area and we were headed back out with replacement bandages and antibiotic cream.  The stitches will come out May 3rd.  Unfortunately this will not in time for David to compete in the upcoming track meet.  We'll go to support the team!

  Below is a picture of the cut (it is a little gruesome) and the 7 stitches! 

Leg with 7 stitches.

No comments: