Finally and Welcome Everyone!

This is the last posting and I will begin work on turning this blog into a keepsake. I still can't fix the order at the beginning of this blog so I'm sorry if there is any confusion about those events. I will be rewriting the China Page. The latest stitching projects have not been updated but I will do that in time for the cover of the keepsake. Thanks for everything!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Making Mandoo

  During the last Korean Language/Culture class we learned how to make Mandoo which is a common Korean food served during Lunar New Year which was February 3rd.  It was not as difficult as I thought it would be.  Ms. Diane gave us a shopping list of ingredients to get and I made sure I had all the right kitchen equipment for the recipe.

  Jason was sent to the grocery store and came back with everything!


  On the day of class we get started.   Mixing and putting together was really fun!



  We even learned a unique way to fold them that is unique to Ms. Diane's family (kind of looks like a leaf).




There are two ways to fix them, boiled in water and fried in a little bit of canola oil in a skillet.  We did both and it was amazing the flavor differences.   It was all good!  We even made a soy sauce/rice vinegar dipping sauce that enhanced the flavors of the Mandoo no matter which way they were prepared.  A good time was had by all!

The Mad Mandoo Makers!

No comments: